Friday, May 24, 2013
Distressed Note Book
I pulled off the back and front pages and covered them in Core Destinations cardstock. I sanded it back to reveal some of the pattern underneath. I then used a bit of Tim Holtz Distress ink in black soot to add a bit more distressing. The hardware is Tim Holtz die and I used the grunge board for the right hand piece that holds the book closed with velcro. The metal was die cut out of an aluminium can and then another piece punched out with a Stamping Up Label punch. I used distress inks and powders on the Hardware findings and a bit of distress stickles in vintage photo.
It is only a simple piece for a male friend who will be carrying it around so I didn't want to go all out on it.